Friday, February 3, 2012

The Dancing Teacher

So I don't know about y'all, but I LOVE to have my kiddos singing and dancing practically all day long! I always find that on the days where I forget to schedule enough "wiggly" moments for my students' sake, I start to lose my patience over their not-on-task wiggles which cause a distraction. So...the best way I can possibly accomplish maintaining both mine and the kids sanity is to incorporate movement into most everything that we do! 


The Odd and Even Cha Cha
 I have attached my new math product called "The Odd and Even Cha Cha" which includes a whole group  lesson on how I like to introduce the idea of odd and even numbers to my class, and stays true to my belief that a dancing teacher + dancing students = a happy, smart class!

Also included is a practice sheet that I use in guided math rotations (and double dip by using it as a formative assessment to add to my grade book!) and all the fixings for a differentiated file folder game. I hope y'all will take the time to check it out and see if it is something that your kids would enjoy as much as mine do! I'm not kidding when I say that all year my kids refer back to the odd and even cha cha song when helping to solve more advanced problems having to do with "fair share." 



Hope you enjoy and HAPPY FRIDAY!!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! We sing the 7 times table in our third grade class, and I couldn't agree more about the benefits of song and dance for memorization.

    Christi =)
    Ms. Fultz's Corner
    http://msfultz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog! Following you now. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete